Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Why MP's should not breed - Idiot #19

Two posts in two days, blimey. I was driven to post by this news story. The MP for Norwich north has managed to insert his feet firmly in his mouth and suggested that the high level of diabetes in his area is due to inbreeding. Of course he didn't use those words exactly but it was clear what he was driving back.

Now generally I think our MP's do a good job but this sort of remark is likely to see Dr Gibson out of work come the next election. his remarks were the sort of thing people would joke about in a pub after work, not publicly announce on the Local radio station.

The thing that struck me about this is how little press the story has got. We have an MP publicly suggesting his constituents are inbreeding and you get a story on the Beeb website but I have seen nothing else. I am sure it has made the news locally but not much else. I bet if he was london based it would be different.

Today's Cull: You will be given an insulin overdose.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?